I am a peacock when it comes to my yard. What I mean is when my yard/garden is admired by others I simply preen. My daughter will politly ask about things I am growing in the yard or work I am doing but never before have I had an outside observer comment on my yard, until today...
After work today it was still light enough after my second job, (thank you daylight savings time) to be outside looking over new blooms, rearranging pots and various other activities. I was enjoying the glory of the Forget-me-nots when a couple strolling past stopped to admire my flowers/yard.
"I like your flowers," the wife said.
The husband asked if I minded if he copied what I had done with the corner fence.
Did I MIND? Heck no!! Isn't "Imitation the sincerest form of flattery??"
I admitted to them that I am new to the whole gardening experience but inside I was throughly thrilled that this couple thought my yard looked nice.
I have plans for A LOT more flowers, borders and future landscaping ideas. In the meantime,
Dear Strolling Couple,
You just made my day!
After work today it was still light enough after my second job, (thank you daylight savings time) to be outside looking over new blooms, rearranging pots and various other activities. I was enjoying the glory of the Forget-me-nots when a couple strolling past stopped to admire my flowers/yard.
"I like your flowers," the wife said.
The husband asked if I minded if he copied what I had done with the corner fence.
Did I MIND? Heck no!! Isn't "Imitation the sincerest form of flattery??"
I admitted to them that I am new to the whole gardening experience but inside I was throughly thrilled that this couple thought my yard looked nice.
I have plans for A LOT more flowers, borders and future landscaping ideas. In the meantime,
Dear Strolling Couple,
You just made my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment