Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beale Falls

Did the 5 mile jog/walk to Beale Falls today with Bobby, Alison, Dusty and Rich in the run group. I am not embarrassed to say it kicked my butt. But I made it!
A quick look at the falls and we were off again.
It almost looks colorless without any spring growth on the trees but in the surrounding areas grasses were beautiful green meadows.


I am learning all kinds of things about myself, about my son, about strengths and abilities, and about the human body in particular. 6 months ago did I ever imagine I would be jogging alongside my son, an Ironman?
 Nope.
But here I am going for it, getting stronger and more able every week. (Granted Bobby goes excruciating slow for me). But he tells me he is enjoying our time together (and I do too) and I know he likes to encourage people to get healthier so...
win win!

This guy...
Was the biggest animal I have ever been near without an electric fence, cage, or moat separating us. Bobby took the camera for a little photo session that is...
until El Toro decided he was getting a wee too close. No bull fighting today!

No comments: