This summer I took Mom to an antiques market in Marysville. It had been raining earlier in the day and a lot of the vendors had already packed up and left. We looked (well I looked and described things to Mom) at what was left and came across this hummingbird feeder. We (I) had seen a hummingbird outside Moms window at the rehabilitation center so I thought I'd get it to see if it would attract any more of the birds.
We never spotted any more the rest of the time she was there. I brought the feeder home and hung it outside the front door and every once in a while I would see one (or hear one they do humm loud) dart in and feed off the feeder. I would tell Mom, "Our little hummingbird is back." She would smile and I know she wished she could see them but I think she also enjoyed just knowing that I was enjoying watching them.
But one is all I ever saw...just one hummingbird.
The next day after Mom passed I had the front door open and watched while the one came to feed. Pretty soon another hummingbird was divebombing the first one trying to get to the feeder as well.
Two hummingbirds!
I don't usually believe in spirits or signs and such but it seems a little coincidental that there was only one tiny bird all summer long and now there were two...
I am keeping an eye out for them now all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment