I took white unsanded (leftover from bathroom tileing project) and a little sanded charcoal and some green "colorant" and tried to grout my green birdbath.
because this did not work at all.
All I accomplished was making a big gloppy mess.
So...luckily I was able to wash it all out and I will start all over again.
Any suggestions for grout color?
I tried the grout color tester thing online but it wasn't very helpful.
I am worried that anything not green will clash with the bowl and I really love this project and want it to look nice.

Any suggestions for grout color?
I tried the grout color tester thing online but it wasn't very helpful.
I am worried that anything not green will clash with the bowl and I really love this project and want it to look nice.
3 comments:
It's a lovely bird bath. My favorite grout color is black it seems to make all colors pop. I start with charcoal and add black coloring.
Sanded grout is the go!
You could have added some of the unsanded grout - to "tint" a good batch of sanded grout.
I like a dark grout for this project - I think you were heading in the right direction, charcoal or black would work for me.
Unsanded grout needs to be mixed nice and thick (peanut butter consistency) and is best for tight grout spaces. It will often crack or "slump down" as it has no "guts".
It is sometimes used as a mosaic "cover-up" ie top up a sanded grout project with unsanded for a very smooth finish.
Personally, I never use unsanded grout, except for some "mosaic icing" recently as the good quality sanded grouts give such a good finsish.
Good luck with the "regrout"!
Cheers Sandy
I think your original choice of green is a good one. Congratulations on making a fail. They're very important in the learning process. Best wishes!
Post a Comment