Saturday, August 28, 2010

I was attacked!

Sort of...
So, at Butchies last night (the swimming pool where I instruct Aqua Aerobics) Robin comes out of the office looking as white as a ghost. In a trembling voice she asks, "Does anyone know anything about lizards?"
She says there is a lizard under the desk and she doesn't want to deal with it. She was repulsed to put it mildly.
So I, being a child who spent summers in the wilds of Arizona where Gila Monsters were practically pets, pop out of the pool and slosh my way into the office where I locate the offending lizard.
I place myself strategically above and behind the lizard and make my move.
 I grab him by the belly because if I were  to grab the tail it would only cause the tail to detach as this is a defensive mechanism lizards have.
Anyway it is a perfect snatch I have the lizard in my grip and I lift him triumphantly over my head and watch as the devil lizard turns his body and chomps on my thumb.
I am shocked (Arizona lizards never bit) and although it doesn't really hurt, it's really more of a pinch I toss the lizard and he lands behind a desk. In the moment of the toss I catch a glimpse of Robin's face and it is contorted in agony as if she is watching a horror movie come to life.
Ugh! What a dumb sissy thing to do! Now the lizard...that BITES is loose in the office and poor Robin is stuck there weekdays sometimes sitting at the very desk the lizard ended up under!
What a fine mess you've gotten us into!

No comments: